There will be many times when we feel like life is going well, and things are progressing greatly for us.
There will also be days where we feel like doughnuts — there are holes in our lives that we cannot fill and we just coast along, hoping that our breaks will come or the situations will change, and so on and so forth.
When those ‘blah’ days come along, I am often comforted by words of wisdom that come along on the Internet, or Facebook, or from friends, family and my own reading. I cannot recall how many times I have come across quotes, or words of comfort and advice that made me gasp and say “This was just what I needed! How did they (or God) know I needed to know or read this?”
I would like to share some thoughts and quotes that have ministered or spoken closely to me in the past and I hope that they will minister and guide you through your journeys as well.
- As long as you can still weep over the senseless killing of innocents, laugh at the comedic antics of your friends, smile at the beauty of a roadside flower, and be moved by the passionate music of a piano or violin or guitar, you are still a diamond in the making.
- For every child that is born, it brings with it the hope that God is not yet disappointed with man. — Rabindranath Tagore
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. — Walt Disney
- When you think that things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place.
- The right words, said at the right time, can radiate and shine like rainbows for the soul.
- Do not stop your tears, for they clean the windshields of our hearts so that we can feel again.
- Beautiful young women are works of nature. But a beautiful and graceful older woman is the Creator’s work of art.
- Even if you have nothing to write, write and say so. - Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Don’t wait for the perfect story. Write it anyway, otherwise someone else may beat you to it.
- When you are discouraged by obstacles or criticism of your work, rest assured in the fact that you did the work. Many armchair critics and keyboard warriors only have excuses, or they would have created their own books by now.
- Just write every day of your life. Read intensely. Then see what happens — Ray Bradbury
- Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong — Winston Churchill.
- Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all. — Winston Churchill
- If you want to get ahead in life, spend more time with people under seven, and over 70.
- To smile at a stranger and see him smile in return is one of the greatest joys in life.
- Fall down seven, get up eight. Fall down nine, get up ten. Always get up more than you fall down. Never give up. Never.
- Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. — John Wooden
- If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything. I’m positive that a doer makes mistakes. — John Wooden
- The best gifts that you give to your marriage and family are these — that your spouse is the apple of your eye, not your children; and that your marriage is strong and stable. The others are icing on the cake, not the cake itself.
- Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who’ll argue with you. — John Wooden
- In life, remember these words:
The most important word — We
The two most important words — We both.
The three most important words — I love you.
The four most important words — We/I have your back.
The five most important words — You are precious to me.
The six most important words — We will go through this together.
The seven most important words — I will not give up on you.
The eight most important words — We are going to make it work together.
The nine most important words — I love you and want our relationship to work.
The 10 most important words — We will work through our problems together as a family.
- The same hot water that releases tea from the teabag, also hardens the egg. We cannot control our problems, but we can control how we respond to our circumstances.
- Our lives are books. Each day is a new blank page and we are the pens that fill the pages with the stories that make up the book’s chapters.
- It is unusual that the gift of singing is granted only to two creatures, humans and birds. Perhaps the Creator intended that we and our winged friends should always be part of His choir.
- Neutrality is no longer an option. We either stand tall on principles or fall down hard on our foibles.
If these words have touched you, please show your support through your claps, and share them with a friend. :)❤ Thank you, and your support motivates me to write more! You can also get in touch with me through Medium or Facebook.